About the Steering Committee
The Seattle Documentary Association is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join the Steering Committee. The steering committee is volunteer-run and meets once a month for 2.5 hours, while working with each other virtually throughout most of the year. Special meetings may be called by the committee president. Term lasts 1-3 years.
The volunteer coordinator manages volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of SeaDoc’s programs and services. This includes directly managing volunteers, and/or providing guidance, support, resources and tools to staff who supervise volunteers.
This is a newly created position in the committee and we are looking for someone who is willing to work with us to create a solid and functional volunteer base!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for someone to perform some or all of the following duties:
Plan the volunteer program/service
- Work with the committee to assess the need for volunteers
- Develop a plan, objective and goals for a volunteer program
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary
- Promote the volunteer program to gain community support of the volunteer program and the organization
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right volunteers with the right skills
Lead the volunteer program/service
- Orient volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Ensure that volunteers are given appropriate training to be successful in their positions
- Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures
- Ensure that volunteers receive the appropriate level of supervision
- Assist with conflict resolution among clients, staff and volunteers according to established procedures
Previous experience as a volunteer coordinator is a plus!
If you’re interested in joining the Steering Committee as a Volunteer Coordinator, please send an email to email@example.com with a quick intro and resume!