community of storytellers
The SEATTLE DOCUMENTARY ASSOCIATION strives to cultivate a community of high caliber non-fiction storytellers in the Pacific Northwest by:
· Providing learning and growth opportunities for documentary filmmakers
· Fostering connections between novice and seasoned filmmakers
· Strongly advocating the importance of documentary filmmaking
· Supporting and promoting members’ film projects
We host events and activities throughout the year, including WIP (Works-In-Progress) screenings, an annual potluck, panel discussions, film festival screening co-presentations, and DocForest, a weekend retreat held outside of Seattle.
SeaDoc deeply appreciates our partnership with Northwest Film Forum, where a majority of our events take place. Additional partners on special events include KCTS, the Sundance Institute’s Film Forward program, Kickstarter, Tasveer and Three Dollar Bill Cinema.
Become A Member
Becoming a member of the Seattle Documentary Association is simple! There are no membership fees; just fill out the form below and receive our monthly newsletter and you will:
Be the first to know about local documentary screenings and events
Have an public profile that creates visibility for your work
Early bird specials for exclusive SeaDoc events like Doc Forest
- Become apart an awesome community of local filmmakers!