get honest and constructive feedback
Seattle Documentary Association (SeaDoc) hosts quarterly Works-in-Progress screenings at the Northwest Film Forum in Seattle, Washington. Open to the public with a primary audience of fellow documentary filmmakers, these moderated screenings foster a space for critical feedback and constructive dialogue.
We accept applications on a year-round, rolling basis.
Details and deadlines related to specific upcoming dates will be included in the online application and updated regularly.
To submit a film – please visit our Film Freeway page.
Next Deadline(s) for 2019:
– April 1 for May 5th screening
– July 1 for Augus 4th screening
– October 1 for November 3rd screening
– Feature-length films, unless otherwise specified: 40-150 min
– Films at late rough cut or fine cut stage. Completed films as well as early rough cuts are ineligible.
– Independent projects: director owns copyright and retains full artistic, budgetary, and editorial control of the documentary project.
– No student films, works-for-hire, broadcaster-produced projects
– Director must be present for the screening. Other team members welcome. SeaDoc cannot cover travel expenses.
– The applicant (Project Director or Producer) must be 18 years of age or older.
– Priority to Pacific Northwest team: director or primary producer (Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Montana)
– Priority to underrepresented filmmakers
– Priority to projects with an active SeaDoc member
– Films that take different formal approaches to filmmaking, to offer learning opportunities to our community