get honest and constructive feedback
Seattle Documentary Association (SeaDoc) hosts quarterly Works-in-Progress screenings at the Northwest Film Forum in Seattle, Washington.
Open to the public with a primary audience of fellow documentary filmmakers, these moderated screenings foster a space for critical feedback and constructive dialogue.
We accept applications on a year-round, rolling basis.
Details and deadlines related to specific upcoming dates will be included in the online application and updated regularly.
WORKS IN PROGRESS 2020
- Sunday, February 2nd (4-6pm) @Northwest Film Forum (FILLED)
- Sunday, May 3rd (4-6pm) @Northwest Film Forum (OPEN)
- Sunday, August 2nd (4-6pm) @Northwest Film Forum
- Sunday, November 1st (4-6pm) @Northwest Film Forum
– Feature-length films, unless otherwise specified: 40-150 min
*We will be opening WIP Programming for Shorts in 2020 also
– Films at late rough cut or fine cut stage. Completed films as well as early rough cuts are ineligible.
– Independent projects: director owns copyright and retains full artistic, budgetary, and editorial control of the documentary project.
– No student films, works-for-hire, broadcaster-produced projects
– Director must be present for the screening. Other team members welcome. SeaDoc cannot cover travel expenses.
– The applicant (Project Director or Producer) must be 18 years of age or older.
– Priority to Pacific Northwest team: director or primary producer (Washington, Oregon, Alaska, Idaho, Montana), but anyone may apply
*Filmmaker must attend screening in person
– Priority to underrepresented filmmakers
– Priority to projects with an active SeaDoc membership
– Films that take different formal approaches to filmmaking, to offer learning opportunities to our community